cultural cocktail

musings on music, film, pop culture, literature, and whatever else is top of my mind

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

robbed



Warning: Loss of ironic detachment.

You know what sucks? America. I realize I can only blame myself for getting pulled in by American Idol (yep, I succumbed to another season), but c'mon, people. It will be a teeny-bopper finale with Blake Lewis (okay, he's 25) and Jordin Sparks (17, immensely likable and impressive, and a solid performer). I hope the latter wins, 'cause she's the better singer.

Does that matter? Apparently not, given the fact that Melinda Doolittle was far and away the best vocalist on the show this season, and she didn't garner the votes to get into the damn final next week. WTF? Would that I didn't care a whit about this, but I do, I do. Hope Melinda gets a big fat recording deal and sells lots of CDs. She's a classy gal. And, damnit, she can sing. Maybe this will cure me of watching this addictive crap.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home